Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rules of Engagement

Skirt: Free  Purchased from: Paul's mom closet
Label: Casual Connection
During my semi-annual rummage through the closet of my fiancé's mom, I discovered this lovely skirt. It has a really exquisite pattern on it, and the deep reds and teal give it an autumnal feel. The swirls actually start to look psychedelic if you stare at it for too long!   The buttons running down the entire length of the skirt helps break up the pattern, and gives it a youthful look. When I showed Paul's mom the skirt I "borrowed" from her, she vaguely remembered it, stating she must've had it for over 20 years. I guess you can say its a generational article of clothing. I wonder if it'll still be in style in another 20 years...

Tank top: $14  Purchased from Zara
Cardigan: $19  Purchased from Forever 21
This cardigan is very comfortable! I usually wear it at home over my pajamas, but decided to let it out for the day.   The beige colour of the sweater highlights the beige found throughout the skirt.

Necklace: $14  Purchased from Aldo
Turquoise and gold are perfect colour complements! So is silver and turquoise.... Lets just say that turquoise is an awesome colour. Plus it goes great with all skin tones. Especially tanned skin!















Sandals: $89.99              Purchased at Stoneridge
Label: Matiko
Pretty expensive for a pair of summer sandals...but at least I've gotten many wears out of it!








Frugal Finds Total: $47
Broke the Bank Finds: $89.99 Matiko Sandals





Unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend of 11.5 years proposed to me on the day this photo was taken. All I have to say is, good thing I didn't wear the Lululemon pants and runners I had originally intended to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment